Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Avisius, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Avisius

Avisius New Egg

Feb 8, 2016
    I'm have a small flock of backyards chicken.
    Currently I have a flock of 6 australorp hens, 3 ISA Brown hens, 2 ISABrownXAustralorp cross hens, four black sex link hybrid hens and one Australorp X Brahma rooster (very very nice rooster :)).

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Merry Christmas! Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! That's a lovely flock you have there and some good laying breeds.
    Is that your roo in your avatar? Very nice boy :love

Be sure to ask any questions that you may have, everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and a warm welcome to BYC. As Kim says, if that is your roo then he sure is a handsome fella (and probably knows it [​IMG]). Lots of info here and loads of very helpful and patient (necessary in my case) members that will help you out all they can. Its great to have you onboard.

All the best
    CT

4. Avisius

Avisius New Egg

Feb 8, 2016
    In fact it's not the roo i have. I found a picture of a roo that most resembles mine. I'll change the avatar with a picture of my rooster shortly. Mine has a bit of gold on the neck (the black brahma mother which i suspect was in fact a cross between a black brahma and a partridge or maybe buff one had it too), has feathered legs, darker eyes and has a greener sheen.
    Another interesting thing about the ISA Brown X Australorp crosses (they are white with some irregular black dots) is that they are very flighty, a bit smaller than their parents, very skittish and noisy. It's strange, because the other australorps and ISA Browns are very calm and friendly.

5. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. You've got some great layers there. :eek:) If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

7. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

8. N F C

N F C eggnog time! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Thanks for joining us. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Glad you joined us at Backyard chickens [​IMG]

10. Avisius

Avisius New Egg

Feb 8, 2016
    I updated the avatar with a picture of my Black Australorp (father) X Black Brahma (mother) 9 months hybrid rooster.
    I'm curious about the egglaying performance of this bird's future offspring (asuming I cross my hybrid roo with other egglaying hens)?
    Would the Brahma blood impact it much?
    The mother Brahma was a quite good layer.
    What is your experience with Australorp X Brahma crosses? Are they nice birds? How big are they compared with their parents? Do they mature fast? How much they lay? Are they meaty?
    If you have pictures, I'd love to see some of these corsses :D

I made a thread on this subject at the following link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1080689/australorp-x-brahma-cross

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by