Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Christyginnie, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Christyginnie

Christyginnie New Egg

Sep 11, 2016
    Lake Elsinore, California
    Hi all, I got online tonight to search google because when my hubby & I returned home from dinner I discovered my my red, Tallulah, had an injured eye, and I needed some advice as to how to help her. Its late now, but I will out looking for a few things in the morning. Her eye is swollen and shut, and there are some minor little cuts on her comb, so it could be the dominance romp with my AHole Roo and another hen pecking at her. This is the first injury like this for me in 5 years. I am grateful for this site, because I still have lots to learn. I have some Spurs Big Fix, but I dont think that this would be good for the eye. My poor girl is in shock..... Is there a special kind of gel ointment I should look for and where can I find this type of thing?

2. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

I'd recommend applying some Vetricyn to the area. Vetricyn is ideal for use near and in the eye. Neosporin would work as well. It will likely heal well.

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
  4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    You don't mean she is really in shock do you? Her injuries don't seem serious enough to bring that on. Meanwhile dump the rooster and get a good one. Tons of good ones looking for good homes - never a good reason to keep a bad roo.

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and :welcome. Happy you joined our community. I agree with above advice so I'll just say good luck and best wishes!

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by