Hello

NKirkendall

Hatching
Sep 13, 2016
High Falls, Georgia
Hi
fellow chicken enthusiast. My husband and i are new to the Dorking breed of chicken. After reading about Dorkings some time ago i decided i would like to give this breed a try. They sounded like the ideal chicken for us. We like to get fresh eggs and pass them on to family and friends as well as eat them ourselves. My husband loves eggs more than anyone i have ever met! So we ordered some SG Dorkings from McMurrays Hatchery and got them back in April. After a few loses, we ended up with two roos and eight hens. Im very pleased with the personality and docility of the hens. I couldnt have asked for better. I am interested in learning about showing and SOP for this wonderful breed. I do not have much experience with breeding/raising chickens, but my husband has done it for several years now. We also have a few White Leghorns and Buff Orphingtons? Hope i spelled that right, lol. I hope to learn tons here, Make lots of new friends and join the Dorking club on this site. I hope all here are well and truly Blessed!

Greetings from Kansas, NKirkendall, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you aboard! Dorkings are a breed I've never had. Glad you are enjoying yours. Also, have you joined the GA thread in this link? https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you
Best of luck to you!

It is a pleasure to meet you! Thank You for the wonderful wlecome! I have not checked out the Georgia thread but will do so soon! Bless you for the link too, probably would have searched forever for it, lol.

Thank you Cynthia! What a Blessing to receive such wonderful friendly replies! And yes, these Dorkings are totally awesome! The hens take food soo gently from my hand and they love attention! Were hoping ours go broody this coming spring and have some biddies for us.

I find the easiest way to get around the website is to use the search box. I am a complete techy failure but, still manage to get around. I've heard and read very good things about Dorkings, plus I have seen more people coming on that raise them.

Back
Top Bottom