Hello :)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Avialle, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Avialle

Avialle New Egg

Nov 22, 2016
    Milton Keynes, England
    Hi,

I'm new! I'm expecting my first chickens tomorrow (4 of them). I'm very excited and have been busy reading lots of tips and advice and getting everything ready for them. Some of my partners' co-workers also have chickens, so I've been getting tips through from them as well.

This site has some excellent articles. I love reading all the tips about toys and treats to give them.

I live in England and as we're approaching winter I doubt I'll get to see them much until it starts getting lighter. I think lots of hugs will be in order!

2. cluckcluckgirl

cluckcluckgirl Queen of the Coop Premium Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Tending to my chickens
    [​IMG] This is the best site to come to for anything and everything chickens! Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Glad you joined!

3. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

It's always exciting getting new chickens! What breed are you getting?

Have fun and thanks for joining us!

4. Avialle

Avialle New Egg

Nov 22, 2016
    Milton Keynes, England
    Thanks for the welcome :)

We'll be getting Blue Rangers and Blacktails. I allowed my children to name some of them, and so far have chickens called - Bucky, Sam and Yo-Yo, with one left for me to name!

5. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome from Yorkshire!

Glad you could join us here! How exciting for you and your family to be getting chickens! I'm sure you will enjoy them very much, it really is a hobby the who,e family can enjoy. You have some great hybrid breeds there that should be excellent egg layers for you. I incubated and hatched some of the blacktails this year and they were fab. Please do pop by the UK thread and say hello, here is the link ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/655508/uk-member-please-say-hi/0_30

Good luck and enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings and :welcome! Pleased you joined our community! Congrats on your new arrivals tomorrow! New chicks are always an exciting time! Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC! :)

7. RodNTN

RodNTN Following Jesus

May 22, 2013
    The USA
    My Coop
    Hi and [​IMG] Its great to have you!

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    So glad you joined us at Backyard chickens [​IMG]

9. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

10. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Avialle [​IMG] Welcome!

So, you should have them now? How exciting for you and your children .. I love the names!

I hope you enjoy BYC; not only is it overflowing with lots of useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures about chickens, turkeys, duck, quail, Peas and pretty much any other feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by