Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Oneum, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Oneum

Oneum New Egg

Feb 15, 2017
    My name is Martin and thank you for letting me join. I just want to gather more information about raising chickens for eggs.

Not a fan of roosters, got bullied by one at the ages of 2. He the "rooster" bullied everyone on the block. Wonderful guard chicken.

I want to read more about chickens to make sure it is the right decision.

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Martin, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our flock! How far along are you in your chicken quest? Have you chosen breeds, etc.? Here's a great place to begin learning the ins and out of chicken keeping: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center It is packed with informative articles that you will assist you greatly. Please ask any questions you might have along the way - BYC is a friendly place! Best wishes!

3. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello there, and welcome to the community! I am pleased you could join us, I do hope you will make yourself at home here and enjoy yourself here as much as I have! :frow

~Cuz

4. Oneum

Oneum New Egg

Feb 15, 2017
    Thank you for letting me join. I have not started, I just want to make sure I am making the right decision before jumping into chickens. Their lives are in my hands and I want them to have a good life.

5. MissNutmeg

MissNutmeg Overrun With Chickens

Jan 18, 2017
    Naboo
    My Coop
    [​IMG]!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  6. N F C

N F C got coffee? Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Raising poultry is a lot of fun and interesting. A lot of people get into it for the eggs and/or meat then find out how much personality each bird has and they become pets (who make them breakfast, lol).

If you have questions, always feel free to ask. There are a lot of knowledgeable, friendly members here always ready to help out.

Thanks for joining us!

7. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! You have definitely come to the right place to sort through all the ins and outs of poultry keeping to help you decide if it's the right thing for you. Glad you've joined us!

8. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Martin [​IMG] Welcome!

Best wishes to you and your flock if/when they arrive.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    You may also want to go through the "breed reviews," where folks tell of their personal experience with certain breeds both pro and con. Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens.

10. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello, and welcome to BYC! If you are going for just the eggs and do not want a rooster at all, I would suggest getting some of the sex-links. You can tell the sex of those after hatching, to make sure that you will get all girls.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by