Hello!

Silkies are an entirely different situation. They are one of the most difficult breeds to sex before 4-5 mos. of age and sometimes not till they crow or lay.

Buying young silkies is always a major gamble.

I have 3 Buff Orpingtons and they are the most friendly girls, also have 3 Golden Wyndottes, they are a lil shy, but I cant wait to see them with all their feathers in.......mine are all 9 weeks old........

Thank you for giving me hope, I can't keep a rooster. The maran is 7 weeks old already. The silver laced wyandote is 6. I think I have a pullet and a cockrel. I will post better pictures of them. The first is (suspected) rooster, the second is of the buff orps photobombing, (they're curious little devils when I get out the camera) the third and fourth of suspected pullet's wing and comb.(wattles practically nonexistent) If you need better pictures of pullet's wattle, I can get them. Thank you!
IMG_20170624_1954428_rewind.jpg
IMG_20170624_1957475_rewind.jpg
IMG_20170624_1957341_rewind.jpg
IMG_20170624_2003289_rewind.jpg

I have 3 Buff Orpingtons and they are the most friendly girls, also have 3 Golden Wyndottes, they are a lil shy, but I cant wait to see them with all their feathers in.......mine are all 9 weeks old........

Can I see pics of the buff orps? I have 2 and would like to compare.

Yes! She looks just like my sweet chick! Except a tiny bit bigger.
The other buff orp has done something suspiciously like a crow, but looks just like the other one.

Back
Top Bottom