Hello!

PrairieWind60

Chirping
7 Years
Dec 11, 2012
Northern Colorado
Good Morning!
I started BYC in 2012 but didn't say or do much because I wasn't very experienced with chickens. Mostly I just read stuff. It can be a little intimidating to post.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I first got chickens in 2012 and ducks in 2016.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
31. 6 adult hens that a friend needed to find a home for and 25 - 4 week olds. 4 Ducks
(3) What breeds do you have?
Adult hens are 2 Barred Rocks, 2 Buff Orps, 2 Golden Laced Wyandottes
Chicks are 1 Swedish Black Hen, 1 Blue Partridge Brahma, 1 Barbezieux,
5 Silkies, 3 Black Copper Marans, 1 Silver Birchen Marans, 3 Ayam Cemani, 2 55 Flowery Hen,
4 Queen Silvia, 2 Gold Duckwing Sulmtaler, 2 Gold Frisian Gull. 40 eggs in the incubator.....my husband is going to kill me (my ebay egg addiction)! Ducks are 2 Cayuga, 2 Golden Hybrids.
(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Googling chicken questions.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Gardening and reading.
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
We recently bought a house on 60 acres so we can have farm animals, firing range and space from neighbors etc. In a year or two I want to start a small chicken breeding business with breeds in need of conservation - I have lots of room now. ;) I hope to make some nice chicken friends!

:welcome

Since you're interested in poultry breeds in need of conservation, you might like to look over the Livestock Conservancy site for it's list on the status of certain breeds:
poultry-breeds

Make yourself at home here and always feel free to ask questions, participate in conversations, share photos, etc.

Back
Top Bottom