Wyardbird

In the Brooder
May 7, 2018
Hello fellow members! Let me introduce myself...I have been raising chickens for several years now. It all started with the purpose of having quality control of eggs and how the chickens were raised. That meaning, my chickens are not penned or fenced and they are supplemented with Scratch and Peck feeds. My barnyard mix soon transitioned to rare breeds and well I’m sure most of you can relate. I could be a chicken snob sadly when it comes to my flock. That doesn’t mean I judge others and their setup at all. In fact, I absolutely love talking about chickens and setups and just listening to everything my fellow poultry keepers have going on. I’m still new and I feel there is always something to learn.

I have raised Icelandics from David Grote for several years and this year I have added Blue Black Splash Ameeaucanas from Paul Smith and I am working on French Silver Cuckoo Marans from Little Peddler. The Marans are turning out to be quite the project to start, but if it works out they will be worth it.

I am excited to be able to join in on the conversations here and look forward to learning from everyone!

15.gif

chickda2s.gif
sSig_welcome4.gif
chickdars.gif

Hello fellow members! Let me introduce myself...I have been raising chickens for several years now. It all started with the purpose of having quality control of eggs and how the chickens were raised. That meaning, my chickens are not penned or fenced and they are supplemented with Scratch and Peck feeds. My barnyard mix soon transitioned to rare breeds and well I’m sure most of you can relate. I could be a chicken snob sadly when it comes to my flock. That doesn’t mean I judge others and their setup at all. In fact, I absolutely love talking about chickens and setups and just listening to everything my fellow poultry keepers have going on. I’m still new and I feel there is always something to learn.

I have raised Icelandics from David Grote for several years and this year I have added Blue Black Splash Ameeaucanas from Paul Smith and I am working on French Silver Cuckoo Marans from Little Peddler. The Marans are turning out to be quite the project to start, but if it works out they will be worth it.

I am excited to be able to join in on the conversations here and look forward to learning from everyone!
:welcome Howdy from Texas!:frowThanks for joining us:caf. Sounds like you got a good handle on things. But feel free to chime in share some stories or advice. We all love our own flocks and we love to hear stories of other members flocks. We celebrate:wee:celebrateand we are a good shoulder during losses and hard times:hit:he:barnie. So whatever you need we are here for you:caf. Thanks again for joining us.

G'Day 17.jpg

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

Including your general location on your profile will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

Back
Top Bottom