Hello!!

Angela Pea

In the Brooder
Jun 14, 2018
I'm Angela Pea, a newbie for sure!

I am not entirely new to chickens. My Mom kept a few when I was a little girl, and my Granny lived on a farm so I knew about keeping a large flock from summer visits. Last fall, a feral Brow Leghorn took up residence in my back yard (we live in the boonies). I fed her and she stayed. Built her a coop, but she never took to it and roosted in the trees or on our patio cover...laid her eggs in a corner by the back door! Sadly, something got to her one night, likely a racoon. We did trap three of the buggers and relocated them to the lake a few miles away. Husband reinforced the coop and built an enclosed run.

I now have four Brown Leghorn chicks living under a Mama Heating Pad in a plastic bin in my bathtub! I hope to have eggs by Christmas.

I found BYC last fall when I was looking for ideas/plans for a chicken coop.

I've been married for 32 years and we've raised four amazing people. Our oldest daughter is a trauma/ICU nurse, married to a fireman. They're expecting our first grandbaby this fall. Our younger daughter is a professional photographer; she's getting married this fall. Oldest son is a senior engineering student in Aggieland; youngest son just graduated from high school. I am a professional civil engineer, an amazing cook, competent knitter, and I also love spinning, sewing, reading, gardening - All the Things!!

Alt-WELCOME-farmer-connie-1.gif

Welcome from Woodland CA!

:welcome
I'm Haley and I greatly enjoy participating and learning on this site!
There are so many knowledgeable members willing to answer any/all questions...each member has their area of expertise as you will see. I learn something new everyday and am sure u will enjoy BYC as much as the rest of the flock!
We share stories, happiness, and occasionally, grief. I'm sure you'll fit right in so jump on in and enjoy:highfive:

Welcome to BYC!

You have come to the right place for great people and great information. Everyone is is always willing to help in any way they can!

Congratulations Grandma!!! And what an amazing, successful group of....people.... you have raised!!! You must be a proud momma!

Also check out the Learning Center, it has tons of great information too!

ENJOY!!!

Back
Top Bottom