Hello!

zssammie

In the Brooder
Oct 14, 2018
Hi Guys! My name is Samatha (Sam, please), I am 30 and I live in sunny Florida! I have copied and pasted the list of questions for the introduction but please feel free to ask me anything!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I am newer to chickens. We got our first batch of chicks in April 2018 and they are currently laying eggs (YAY!) So, I've made it this far ;)

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have 12 chickens. 8 hens a laying :lau and 4 3 week old chicks. The hens are free ranged in my backyard during the day and cooped at night to keep them safe. the chicks are in a cage outside to keep safe as well.

(3) What breeds do you have?
The laying hens are Rhode Island Reds, I have 1 plymouth barred rock chick, 1 gold laced wyndotte chick, and 2 easter egger chicks.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Everytime I have done an online search regarding rasiing the chickens thus far, the answer typically comes from this site. It's always first in the search list :D

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
READING!!! I love to read. I read a lot and have an instagram just about my books! I also like to crochet (I do not crochet chicken sweaters though, they can choke on yarn).

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have 2 children (girls aged 12 and 9), and an incredible husband, I am a registered nurse working on an oncology/med surg/ tele floor at the hospital, I have many pets: 3 dogs, 5 cats, and a ball python. I am currently unable to get intothe yard with the chickens due to a broken foot but I sit on my porch and watch them a lot. I am also going to school to finish my baccalaureate.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
I have known about BYC since April when we first got our chicks but honestly, have been very busy with school, work, kids, animals. But now I am out of work for 6-8 weeks I though I would join the community!! :woot:woot

:frowNeighbor!!
Welcome to BYC!

Thanks for joining. You have come to the right place!

There are alot of amazing people that are willing to help with whatever they can, you can also go
Check out the Learning Center it has tons of great information and articles for just fun reads!

Also go check out our state tread, and say hi to all us crazy Floridians!!

Enjoy!​

Hi Sam and welcome to our community. I hope that you enjoy your time here.

This is a useful link of BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3 (there's a guide on how to include your location under your avatar - including your location is very helpful). You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Hi Sam,

smiley welcome.gif

Back
Top Bottom