SoraHakuDA

In the Brooder
Jan 15, 2019
Hello, everyone!

I finally joined this community after a few months of watching it from afar heheh.

I'm not very good at intros so, I'm just going to use the template to explain myself a little.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I've had chickens since I was a kid.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have 4 almost full grown chicks, they're not mine, I just found them in the wild all alone and took them to take care of them.

(3) What breeds do you have?
I don't know much about chicken breeds haha so i'm not sure what kind runs around here on my yard, they just appear.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I enjoy bonding with them. They're very curious animals and they can also be very lovable when you earn their trust.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I enjoy writing stories and drawing!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Not sure what to say here...Hmm... Well my stepfather is an animal lover, just like me, my mother, not so much. She will feed them and care for them but she doesn't enjoy getting too close to them. Currently we have 2 geese, the female has laid 4 eggs so far(yay!) and we also have 2 very old dogs haha.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
One day i was searching on the internet for answers regarding how to treat sick chickens when they're gasping for air, i think that was like 7 months ago? I stumbled upon a post in this page and ever since then, I always find this page every time I look up something about chickens. Today I found a chickie all alone and picked it up. I had some questions regarding a few events that had happened. So I made the choice to join and find some answers!

Welcome to BYC, formally. It's great Tuesday you became a member. There's plenty on her about chickens of course. You can find a lot of info on geese, too. Take a look around.

Do you plan to keep the chicks or will you release them back onto your property? It's really cool that they just roam freely.

Thank you!
Yes, I plan on releasing them once they're grown. My dogs won't do them any harm (most of the chickens around here sometimes take naps on them) and usually they stay around since they know me and my family feed them every morning and afternoon. During the day they will go on about their business, digging, bathing and whatnot.

Thank you!
Yes, I plan on releasing them once they're grown. My dogs won't do them any harm (most of the chickens around here sometimes take naps on them) and usually they stay around since they know me and my family feed them every morning and afternoon. During the day they will go on about their business, digging, bathing and whatnot.
Is like the ultimate free ranging chicken setup. Have you ever tried putting some nesting boxes out to see if they will lay in them for you. Just a box with an egg or two might attract them. Then you would have eggs for little to no work.

Is like the ultimate free ranging chicken setup. Have you ever tried putting some nesting boxes out to see if they will lay in them for you. Just a box with an egg or two might attract them. Then you would have eggs for little to no work.

I might try it out. Could take me a bit of time but I'm sure they chickens would enjoy a cozy nest. They're all used to sleep on the branches of an almond tree that's in front of my house.

Back
Top Bottom