Karangel

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 5, 2014
I am a new member, although I signed up a long time ago I never posted or introduced myself. I have sorta inherited a few chickens via a neighbor who left them out to roam. Now I have one who has been brooding for over 21 days! I am panicking! I have gave her water and been feeding her for last few days. What do I do? She laid eggs under a big bush and went to brooding about 26 days ago. I did know to start counting but I am very worried now that I found out the breeding period is 21 days. If they are not going to hatch what do I do? How do I get her off the nest?

Welcome to Backyard Chickens :frow:welcome
175D4431-65D9-4D17-9940-AE15B50D0E26.jpeg

hello @Karangel ! welcome to BYC :frow
I would advise you to just hang on a little longer; birds can regulate their incubation somewhat, and she may yet produce a clutch. She'll stop sitting either when she starts hearing cheeping or when instinct tells her they are not going to hatch.

hello @Karangel ! welcome to BYC :frow
I would advise you to just hang on a little longer; birds can regulate their incubation somewhat, and she may yet produce a clutch. She'll stop sitting either when she starts hearing cheeping or when instinct tells her they are not going to hatch.
Thank you so much! Just worrying about mama hen here! LOL

Back
Top Bottom