Hello!

gmabettincourt

In the Brooder
May 16, 2019
Hello I am new here and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Sandra and I am new to chickens! I live in Missouri near KC and I am new there too. My husband and daughter left CA in May 2018 and moved to a small ranch in Missouri to start our new lives near our grand babies.

I got my first chicks in August of 2018. 6 Rhode Island Reds and 2 Barred Rocks (??). One of my Reds ended up being a rooster. All in all we started with 8. We lost 2 of my RIR hens to a dog attack about a month ago and today we just lost one of my BR hens to something but I am still not sure what. I am sad about it.

Right now we have 4 hens, one rooster, and 4 chicks that my neighbor brought me after their dog got my girls. I really love my flock and kinda wondering if I was made to do this or not cause losing them kills me!

I joined this network to learn more to become a better chicken owner.

We have others pets as well. 4 horses, 3 dogs. That is enough for now thanks! lol Coming from the city to the outskirts of KC in the country and to a little ranch has been an experience but I have soooo much to learn. One thing I really need to learn is when is it time to put down a sick chicken? My husband did that for me today and I jsut hope we did the right thing. My poor girl could not hold her body up anymore and was gasping for air. I tried VetRX to help, worming, and started her on amprolium just in case she had that coccidosis (sp?). I am treating my entire flock now. Anyway, hope to learn from you all!

Oh yeah! I was refereed to BYC community by Krissy Klein who is also a member here. thanks Krissy!

Back
Top Bottom