Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by mspower32, Jun 16, 2019.

1. mspower32

mspower32 In the Brooder

Jun 15, 2019
    Hello everyone, i am so glad to be part of backyard chickens, i have 3 beautiful hens and 1 cockerel, 4 x battery hens coming 22nd which i am rescuing and cant wait to meet them, these are my first chickens and its absolutely amazing, fresh eggs every day and a joy to watch my little birds and what they all get up to, its been hard work and expensive setting up their housing but all worth it. I have Rhode island red hens and a Chantecler cockerel i think the breed is correct, he is all white with a cushion comb just beautiful gently guy with the sweetest smiley beak.

My favorite thing about raising my chickens is just watching them, i could watch them all day and spend time with them, listening to their subtle little coos, i watch them alot on my tablet as i have them on camera so if anything happens i will hear their screams, i take my tablet to bed at night and set it on my bedside locker, i know I am obsessed lol but starting out is always worrying trying to ensure you are doing it right until it all settles down. I also have 2 miniature horses and 3 dogs. I work as a nurse specializing in intellectual disability and i usually work 12 hour shifts x 3 weekly so i can spend lots of time with my birds and animals. I grew up in the city so having my mini farm is amazing, we moved to the country 2 years ago, from my house its a 5 min walk to a beautiful little private beach and 7 min drive from the main beach, best of both worlds the seaside and the countryside in one. I found backyard chickens while searching for advice for first time keeping chickens, its a great place and i love reading all the threads and lots of good information. Looking forward to staying around for a long time because i will never be without my little chickens. I have attached some photos of the little birds and Colin my cockerel if someone could take a look to confirm his breed please. Thanks all, have a lovely day.

Attached Files:

2. DobieLover

DobieLover Easily distracted by chickens

Jul 23, 2018
    Apalachin, NY
    My Coop
    Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
    Beautiful flock. I'm uncertain of Colin's breed but he's stunning.
    It sounds like you live in a lovely place.

3. Pork Pie

Pork Pie Flockwit

Jan 30, 2015
    Hello and welcome to BYC. I hope that you enjoy your time here.

This is a useful link to take a look at - “How to...” guides. You may wish to consider including your location (using the guide in the link above). You can use this link to contact members in your area - U.S. States

4. mspower32

mspower32 In the Brooder

Jun 15, 2019
    Hi DobieLover, yes it's a beautiful place, thank you

5. Callender Girl

Callender Girl Crowing

Sep 18, 2018
    North Central Iowa
    It all sounds idyllic (except maybe the 12-hour work days; I spent plenty of years doing those). Congrats on being willing to rehome some battery hens.

I love that you keep your tablet bedside at night. Being obsesses about your birds' safety is a good thing, no matter how long you have chickens. It helps ensure long, happy lives for them.

And, I love that watching your birds makes you happy. Me, too.

Welcome to BYC. You will be a great addition to the group!

6. Texas Kiki

Texas Kiki Egg Pusher

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
  7. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Enabler

Hello, and welcome! Glad that you joined! Good luck with your flock!

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC - he is a beautiful rooster.

9. Shadrach

Shadrach Roosterist

Jul 31, 2018
    Catalonia, Spain
    My Coop
    Hello mspower32.
    Welcome to BYC.
    It must be great being so close to the sea.

10. 007Sean

007Sean Pheasant Whisperer

Oct 25, 2015
    South Central Texas
    Howdy :frow and Welcome to Backyard Chickens.

Happy :ya to have you here with us. Enjoy your time here at BYC!

Thanks for joining our community! :celebrate

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: