Hello!

Canuck88

Songster
Jul 17, 2019
BC
Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself :) We moved from town to our farm last winter and I am having so much fun with all of my new found chicken freedom!

I have a lot of chickens.. lots of different breeds. My goal is to have around 30 hens for eggs to sell and give to family and friends, as well as several breeding pens. I had a plan for my breeding pens that has changed so many times because a) I find it hard to commit to just one or two breeds and b) I keep falling in love with some of the roosters I raise as chicks. I have done well and "rehomed" many of them but so far have kept three boys that weren't part of my original plan!

Our goal is to eventually raise the extra boys for meat but I am not quite there yet. I am still setting up my garden and raised beds but would like to set them up so that in the fall I can let the chickens dig them up and have some fun in there as well.

We have 13 acres in BC and have Nigerian Dwarf goats, horses, an adorable JerseyxHereford calf (she will be our milk cow in a few years) and I am working on convincing my husband that we need to add some ducks to the group! I am also a mom of 2 young boys and work full time during the week.

Nice to meet you all!

Back
Top Bottom