Hello!

MechuriPen

In the Brooder
Jan 21, 2020
Hi! I've been lurking around these forums for a few years now, and it's been a great help! I currently only raise coturnix quail, but have had chicken and ducks in the past and will again in the future. A livestock thief recently stole my entire flock of ducks, and I miss them enormously, ugh... but in general, keeping poultry has been a huge daily boost to my wellbeing.

I've got another clutch of quail hatching right now! They're the cutest!!

:welcome Welcome to BYC! So glad you have joined us!
Hello Chick.gif

I'm so sorry to hear about your ducks being taken! Was it a person??? Or other predator?

Hi!
ivejust joined too!
I'm raising four week old chicks and three day old chicks at the moment!
I can’t believe someone could steal a flock of ducks! Geez! The nerve. I can’t get my head around that.

I'm in the UK and will be rearing mine on my back garden so I guess I’m visualising someone stealing from my set up 😂

:welcome Welcome to BYC! So glad you have joined us!View attachment 2007804
I'm so sorry to hear about your ducks being taken! Was it a person??? Or other predator?
Thank you!

There were no signs of predator attack (no blood or loose feathers) and we'd had problems with someone attempting to steal goats before, so I'm certain it was a person :( My partners moved and took all the non poultry livestock and dogs with them (I'll be joining them later on the small dairy farm when our house is finished being built) so it never occurred to me that someone would come just to take my 8 ducks.

I might build a new duck pen in a more private area behind the house, or I might just wait til after I've moved up to the new farm... I haven't decided yet.

Thank you!

There were no signs of predator attack (no blood or loose feathers) and we'd had problems with someone attempting to steal goats before, so I'm certain it was a person :( My partners moved and took all the non poultry livestock and dogs with them (I'll be joining them later on the small dairy farm when our house is finished being built) so it never occurred to me that someone would come just to take my 8 ducks.

I might build a new duck pen in a more private area behind the house, or I might just wait til after I've moved up to the new farm... I haven't decided yet.

Wow! I've heard of things like this happening but I still find it completely shocking that someone would steal animals! I hope that you can move to the dairy farm sooner than later so that you can safely keep all the cluckers and quakers that you want. ❤

Back
Top Bottom