Hello!

April0617

Songster
Feb 28, 2020
SE Wisconsin
Hi!
New chicken momma-to-be here! Me, my husband and 2.5 year old son finally found our perfect house with enough room to add some birds! So, our first ever 8 chicks will be here in April. I fell in love with the descriptions of Faverolles, so we have 4 of those on the way and 4 Australorps also, based on their personality and egg production. I've heard Faverolles get picked on, hoping the Australorps will go easier on them than some others...Excited to start this new adventure but I'm sure I'll have a million questions!!

Hi! I’ve never heard of Faverolles. I will have to go and do some research. I have two toddlers and they are at that stage where they want to help feed the birds. We are hatching some chicks of our own and I will be letting them hold the chicks and get used to them. Before they were too young but this year they’re learning more and more.

Hi! I’ve never heard of Faverolles. I will have to go and do some research. I have two toddlers and they are at that stage where they want to help feed the birds. We are hatching some chicks of our own and I will be letting them hold the chicks and get used to them. Before they were too young but this year they’re learning more and more.
They are supposed to be great winter layers, which was important to us with our cold WI winters, but the description of their personalities sold me on them. Silly, very busy doing everything they do, and even slightly clumsy, but super sweet and great with kids. They sound like the chicken version of me😂 My son is animal obsessed, so I'm looking forward to seeing him interact with them. I know he's still pretty young to be too involved, but I think he'll still love it!

They are supposed to be great winter layers, which was important to us with our cold WI winters, but the description of their personalities sold me on them. Silly, very busy doing everything they do, and even slightly clumsy, but super sweet and great with kids. They sound like the chicken version of me😂 My son is animal obsessed, so I'm looking forward to seeing him interact with them. I know he's still pretty young to be too involved, but I think he'll still love it!

I just looked them up and that was my thought: they look mighty warm with all those feathers and fluff. So it makes sense that they’re good winter layers.

Oh I know he will love those chicks! They grow fast (both the chicks and little boys, but here I’m talking about the chicks 😂) so if you are fine with him petting and interacting with the chicks definitely let him because after a month they’re not as cute and fluffy. Then they’re feathery 🤣

Welcome to BYC! You should pop over to the If You Were a Chicken, What Breed Would You Be? Thread

Back
Top Bottom