Hello

SpicyLife

In the Brooder
Apr 1, 2020
1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I have had chickens for 2 years
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

I currently have 2 chickens. I live in the city and we have a limit. I will be getting 2 new chicks in May!
(3) What breeds do you have?
Gertrude (Barred Rock) & Cinnamon (Cinnamon Queen)
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I love hanging out with my birds while I work in the back yard. The eggs aren't too bad either :)
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Cooking, Biking, Fishing, House Projects
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
My guy and I have lived in our home for 3 years. We have 2 dogs a German Shepard mix and a Hound Terrier mix. They are both friends with the chickens ... thank goodness! I teach Family and Consumer Science primarily culinary classes. Having a couple months in the summer is such a fun time to hang out with the pets. We are in Iowa so we get both extremes of weather when it comes to caring for the chickens
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I've used BYC ever since we have had chickens and love looking at the coops people design and their suggestions. I have joined because we are going to be building a new coop and I would like suggestions.

Welcome to Backyard Chickens! 🐔

Feel free to drop in and share your flock

Updates for 2020 with us here in my 2020 flock life thread

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/2020-flock-life.1351080/

F2BD93C0-9B64-4ED5-B0D3-3EADF282283F.jpeg

It’s nice to meet you!

FARMER-CONNIE-CROSS-ROAD-V1.gif
1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I have had chickens for 2 years
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I currently have 2 chickens. I live in the city and we have a limit. I will be getting 2 new chicks in May!
(3) What breeds do you have?
Gertrude (Barred Rock) & Cinnamon (Cinnamon Queen)
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I love hanging out with my birds while I work in the back yard. The eggs aren't too bad either :)
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Cooking, Biking, Fishing, House Projects
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
My guy and I have lived in our home for 3 years. We have 2 dogs a German Shepard mix and a Hound Terrier mix. They are both friends with the chickens ... thank goodness! I teach Family and Consumer Science primarily culinary classes. Having a couple months in the summer is such a fun time to hang out with the pets. We are in Iowa so we get both extremes of weather when it comes to caring for the chickens
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I've used BYC ever since we have had chickens and love looking at the coops people design and their suggestions. I have joined because we are going to be building a new coop and I would like suggestions.
FARMER CONNIE WELCOME MAT8686.jpg

Back
Top Bottom