Hello!!!

DaCrunchyCrabby

In the Brooder
May 20, 2022
Hello everyone! I’m looking to start up a backyard flock, I live in Alberta Canada so during the winter it can get quite cold and somewhat hot in the summer. I’m perfectly fine building a coop or something for the summer and moving them into the shed with a heater in the winter, My backyard is a pretty decent size I have a large garden and koi pond. Im planning to have 3-4 birds but having a tough time deciding between ducks or chickens, I’m mainly looking for egg layers but also want something that’s somewhat personable and won’t completely tear up my garden. My backyard does get quite a bit of water as I have some large fish tanks in the basement that receive large weekly water changes. The only thing that throws me off ducks is how supposedly much they poop and how messy they are. Chickens I’m worried my fences aren’t tall enough (8ft) and worried about the possibility of them flying into the street or my neighbours yard with their large dogs. So I finally made an account here to ask for help with starting up.

Back
Top Bottom