Hello!

Quote:
So hens don't make much noise? That's a great idea to put in my speech! Dad says they will be very loud but he won't be able to say that any longer
smile.png
By the way, do six week old chickens need any vaccinations?

Sometimes depending on where you buy them, thye may be vaccinated for Mericks. There are other vaccines and you can find lots of information on them and what they are ment for, here on the site.

Here a good thread for you to look at

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=7031595#p7031595

They are actually a personal preference, but if you're going to own something you should check all of your options.

Quote:
So hens don't make much noise? That's a great idea to put in my speech! Dad says they will be very loud but he won't be able to say that any longer
smile.png

Sometimes depending on where you buy them, thye may be vaccinated for Mericks. There are other vaccines and you can find lots of information on them and what they are ment for, here on the site.

Here a good thread for you to look at

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=7031595#p7031595

They are actually a personal preference, but if you're going to own something you should check all of your options.

Thank you
smile.png

And hi to you to Barred Babies!
big_smile.png

welcome-byc.gif
:frow from Washington state. I hope your dad lets you have some chickens. I started with 6 and now I have ..... too many! But I wouldn't have it any other way. They are so much fun! I can watch them for hours!
thumbsup.gif
wee.gif

Quote:
smile.png

Hens do cluck but usually just a mild mannered bok-bok most of the time. However, when they start laying an egg they can get loud.
roll.png
but that only lasts until they get the egg out.
lol.png
We don't hear ours most of the time and we have neighbors that are very close to us and it doesn't bother them. Especially when they get the extra eggs that we don't use.
thumbsup.gif
As for the vaccinations I do not know the answer for that, sorry.

Hi!
welcome-byc.gif

ohhh I got a idea, you can tell your dad that they are a great learning experience and a great way to become responsible! You can learn about math, chicken math is complex. Then you can learn about how to raise animals, then learn about raising your own food. You can also learn about making your own small business ( I want to work up to selling eggs and chickens! ) your gonna build confiendence by knowing that you can take care of animal and get food from it, also knowing that you are responsible to that care of it's needs and keep it healthy and happy. Also you will be happier and more fullfilled in your life. also their antics will bring you both joy and allow you to have that father daughter ( bat eyelashes here And say I love you daddy ) realtionship that I want us to have! I don't think he can argue that ! I can't wait to see your chicks, keep us posted! Good luck! Remember dads can't help but say yes to I love you daddys!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom