Hello! (:

PuffAndFluff

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 6, 2013
Chehalis, WA
My family and I live in Chehalis, WA. I'm originally from Montana and hubby is Native Washingtoninan. He is active duty military and is stationed up at JBLM. We have 4 kids (boy, girl, boy, girl), three dogs (Siberian husky, Italian Greyhound, and Italian Greyhound/Chihuahua cross), a cat, 2 White Chinese Goslings named Xiexie and Ni Hao, 3 Ameracauna chicks, 2 Barred Rock chicks, 2 Rhode Island Red chicks, 2 Black Sexlink chicks and 6 Black Broiler chicks. :) All of the poultry is currently being brooded in my living room.

I always had chickens as a child, and some of my earliest memories are helping my Mother tend to them and bringing in lots of eggs from the hen house after school each day. We had chickens when stationed in Oklahoma, but had to re-home them after suddenly being put on orders. We should have at least 2 years here, probably more. I got tired of paying $4 a dozen for nice eggs and miss being able to buy the lovely free range birds that were available to us at a good price in Europe, so the natural step now that we own a home again is to build a coop and put some birds in it!

I'm on the lookout for Salmon Faverolle hatching eggs, chicks or a nice young pair who will have a little family. :)

Been lurking here for years..... finally decided to create an account.

Greetings from Kansas, PuffandFluff, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased to have you in our flock! Love your part of the country!! As a long time lurker you probably already know the ins and outs of BYC. Check out the Buy-Sell-Trade section for the eggs you are looking for. Good luck and happy hatching!!

I already looked and someone has the eggs, I have to have at least 20 posts though before I can participate, so I have to make a lot of racket in a short amount of time. I think I am up to the task! I kinda want to dust off the incubator and make sure it's working properly first though.... that would be the smart thing to do as I haven't got a broody hen.

welcome to the flock
D.gif
You could visit the Washintonian thread and say you are looking for salmon faverolles- some really good breeders out that way. Did you want bantam or Large fowl?
I've discovered on byc that favorolles also come in other colors - wow, who knew??

Hi, thanks for the welcome! :) I just dug my incubator out of the garage dusted it off and plugged it in. Will go for a thermometer etc. later to check and see if it's still working right. I know that there are a lot of breeders out this way, and we also have the poultry auction just up the road from me every Saturday. I might check with them to see if anyone is bringing in Faverolles. I am also happy to see that I am not the only one here who has a profile picture wearing a goofy hat.

Back
Top Bottom