1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by BellaFarfalla, Sep 16, 2014.

1. BellaFarfalla

BellaFarfalla Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2011
    Idaho
    I am not new on here, but it has been a long time since I have been on here so thought I would reintroduce myself. We started out having chickens in 2011 in WA, but had to move for the Navy and downsized our chickens. Now that my husband is out of the Navy, we are in Southeastern Idaho and starting to do some homesteading. We called our mini farm Caper Inn Farm and had goats and chickens when we first moved here. We no longer have goats, but still have our chickens and have added some rabbits. We have 10 permanent laying hens who run around the yard and two rabbits who keep them company. Two to three times a year we get some meat chickens and then send them to freezer camp. We also garden, can, sew, craft, and our girls are in 4-H. My middle daughter is our chicken gal. She showed our Americauna as her Cloverbud project this year and raised it from a chick. It now follows her around the yard and likes to sleep in her lap. We have a small piece of property and are hoping to expand in the coming years. My husband and I are both students currently and working on finishing our degrees.

2. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

Feel free to ask lots of questions! We're all here to help. [​IMG]

3. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

4. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Sounds like you have a nice little farm!

Make yourself at home here. If you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask. Welcome to our flock!

5. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

6. Amastacia

Amastacia Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2013
    SW Michigan
    welcome. sounds like you've got a nice life set up for yourselves.

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

8. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to get back in touch with us. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in you and your husband getting your degrees.

9. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

10. LIChickens

LIChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2014
    Long Island, NY
    Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by