Helloooo chicken peeps!!

gardenfowl

Hatching
9 Years
Jul 2, 2010
Puget Sound
Wow! I wish I knew about this forum many years ago when I was first starting out with chickens. But I found BYC, finally!!!

So, I live in good ol' unincorporated Snohomish County WA where I've been stumbling through chicken ownership for a good decade or so, and now I am stumbling through my next phase of poultry - turkeys and ducks!

Let's see -more about me....
I'm a mom of 2 small boys, have lots of animals including a dozen chickens - all various breeds and ages. A couple of turkeys and ducks were this springs addition, an old goat, horse, dogs and lots of salt water fish and coral (I count them as animals too)
smile.png

For work I am a landscape designer & horticulturalist, certified arborist, and I own a landscape design/build company. I am currently taking a part time hiatus from designing gardens and writing a book about gardening with chickens! So naturally I am curious to know anyone here who gardens
big_smile.png

I'm looking forward to diving into the boards and getting to know ya'll!

welcome-byc.gif
from so. California!! DH and I love gardening! With chickens though? They eat all of our veggies!
lol.png
However, we use the chickens to eat the weeds/seedlings between seasons and let they dig up the dirt and eat bugs when nothing is planted. They love it!

welcome-byc.gif
from N. Calif, so glad you joined! (I wish someone like you lived next door so I could copy your landscaping...
tongue.png
) I love gardening and chickens, (and horses, ducks, dogs, cats, goats, rabbits) but its a challenge gardening when they break in to the llandscaping
barnie.gif
Looking forward to PICs and what a great idea for a book, wish it was out now...
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom