HELLPPP!

View attachment 1962595 View attachment 1962587

This isn’t my most recent picture, but I don’t have any clear super recent pictures of her. But she’s still about this size maybe a tiny bit bigger. I read something about one strip on the eye. And I went back to their duckling pictures and they had one definite strip but a faint second one maybe... I just want to know if she’s a Rouen or a Mallard.
Looks like a mallard to me. Maybe just a bit bigger but my mallard is a runt.

She does look mallard to me, but other than size I’m not sure how to tell them apart from a rouen. Her wings seem too big for rouen; my ducks would try to fly but just couldn’t keep those heavy bodies in the air!

She flys all the time. She’s about 15 weeks old, and she’s so tiny and from what I’ve seen Rouens get pretty large. I’ll have to take a more recent picture this weekend. One day she flew up way high in the sky and my husband said she looked like a wild duck because she was so high.

She flys all the time. She’s about 15 weeks old, and she’s so tiny and from what I’ve seen Rouens get pretty large. I’ll have to take a more recent picture this weekend. One day she flew up way high in the sky and my husband said she looked like a wild duck because she was so high.
Clip her wings, sometimes they fly after wild ducks in the air. Mallards normally do better with ducks their size. I have a girl near me who sells over 500 mallards of all different sizes and ages, that's where I got my baby. I hope you can find another mallard for her, mallards are one of my favorite breeds, they're super pretty and so cute! Another photo would be great.

C21815A3-0591-4E23-8BC3-EF32FEA50F17.jpeg
A21B463A-955D-4B27-908E-7BB0B0A83A5A.jpeg
60056CD8-8E33-4DCE-B69B-0B1FC3C3E99B.jpeg
3F9CDB60-FDD8-412F-BA83-74A79C8C79CC.jpeg

Here’s some recent photos of my Shadow! I was trying to get a photo to show her size. The chickens in the one picture are around the same age as her. 16ish weeks. And then the other photo my boot is kinda in it! I wish I got one with her near my WH ducks. They are almost 9 weeks old and much larger than her. She’s having a really hard time. She’s very grumpy, and everyone is mean to her. It breaks my heart.

While at tractor supply today I spoke with an employee and he said that they aren’t legally aloud to sell Mallards. So I really have no idea what she is, a small flying Rouen? Or a mallard? I have no idea!

Back
Top Bottom