hellppppp ! strange discarge from piped eggs.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by shmooborp, Jan 31, 2009.

1. shmooborp

shmooborp artistic fowlism

my eggs started hatching today. and the first one that piped started to ooze, and then the ooze crysztalized and hardened, after it started to zip and literally acted like glue, and the chick was stuck inside the shell, i had to help it out. its ok now., ish,, its crop has bubbly ooze in it :\\ HELP !!! what do i do ! !! i dont want all of them to hatch like that! i have had many many successful hatches before. i have never had this happen ! the humidty and temps are fine ! [​IMG] [​IMG] WHAT IS THIS STUFF !!!>>>?????

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  2. jjparke

jjparke Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Boise
    Sounds gross. My first hatch is due in about 2 weeks. Hope I don't get ooze. Where is Woodburn OR?

3. shmooborp

it is between salem and portland. bout 20 min from salem. 40 min from portland. thanks.. i hope that it dosent keep happening.. i have hatched eggs more times than i can count and this has never ever happend.. hmmm i want to know what it is, and what caused it !

4. cherndon712

cherndon712 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    WY
    Sounds like your humidity was too high, but I'm not an expert! Hope someone helps!

5. shmooborp

that could be it.. its 70. it had a random burst into the 60s for a couple days that drove me nuts trying to get it douwn.... uh oh ! ughhh [​IMG] i hope i can fix this.. any one ! helppp meeeeeee [​IMG]

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    ahh!..i wish i could help!...heres a bump...[​IMG]

7. shmooborp

thanks ! i was really hopeing someone would know ! anyone, any of you 20,000 members? anything? pweease? lol

8. buckeye lady

buckeye lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2008
    Rootstown Ohio
    Quote:I'm confused-you said it's CROP has bubbly ooze-Is the chic foaming from the mouth? Crop is internal at bottom of esophagus-How can you see crop? Does this chic have a hole in its esophagus or is it bald over the crop? please clarify.
    Is the chic active, Is it peeping?

9. sewincircle

sewincircle Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    Central New York
    I have never heard of anything like that. High humidity would indeed cause a sticky and thick membrane. But it would not make the chick have bubbly stuff coming out of it. Is the chick active? Acting normal? If any others hatch normal I would keep that one seperate. Incase it is something of an infectous disease. I am sorry I cant help more. I can not see what you are seeing. [​IMG]

10. shmooborp

Quote:I'm confused-you said it's CROP has bubbly ooze-Is the chic foaming from the mouth? Crop is internal at bottom of esophagus-How can you see crop? Does this chic have a hole in its esophagus or is it bald over the crop? please clarify.
    Is the chic active, Is it peeping?

yeah i had noticed the crop thing after i got it out of the shell. well, the chick was wet, and so its kinda balled looking, the skin is kinda transparent because it just hatched, and yes you can see the crop, with any chicken, i masaged it and then got it to kinda upchuck the bubbles, afterwich i think it felt much better because now it is rooling aroiund peeping and trying to walk. so its looking better. im just concerened that my chicks are gonna get glued to the inside of their shells [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by