Help! 2 day old Bantam only standing on one leg

3kidsandaduck

In the Brooder
Sep 27, 2018
Hi Everyone. I have a 4 day old D'uccle chick that's holding one leg up and out. He/she has been doing it since I got him. He hobbles around if he needs to move but is particularly unsteady. If one of the other chicks (he's one of 5) bumps into him he falls right over. Even when he's resting the leg still sticks out and he never puts weight on it. He lays down in the food to eat . i've attached a picture.

Im not sure what to do any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 15864762516029216896669525010695.jpg
    15864762516029216896669525010695.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 7
It does not seem to swollen or red at all. If it is a slipped tendon, what's the best treatment? Should I try and get him to the vet?

If it came that way you could have gotten one with a broken leg, if that's the case spilt it & but it in a solo place to heal up.

Question: where did you get these?
i have some d'uccle too, but mine have blue/ gray feet. Now I'm questioning what my chicks are! Lol

Hi Everyone. I have a 4 day old D'uccle chick that's holding one leg up and out. He/she has been doing it since I got him. He hobbles around if he needs to move but is particularly unsteady. If one of the other chicks (he's one of 5) bumps into him he falls right over. Even when he's resting the leg still sticks out and he never puts weight on it. He lays down in the food to eat . i've attached a picture.

Im not sure what to do any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Could have gotten one with a broken leg, wich you eould splint, but it could also be a leg defirmity. Could we see a video of how he walks? It may help clarify his condition more.

Back
Top Bottom