Help! 3 year old drake has limp / dislocated leg.

animal-lover

Hatching
Mar 29, 2024

video

My 3 year old drake’s leg is straight back. He can’t walk on it, can’t even move it. I cannot feel a break, when I move it around he doesn’t seem to be in pain. I have tried pushing it around to see if it might pop back but no luck. Everything else if fine, including the other leg. Any suggestions would be great.

Plus ducks don't show pain like we do, I think you're probably hurting him by moving him around like you are.
Get him in some warm water let him float around and watch how he uses his leg or doesn't get a video if you can. Did you look around to see if he caught his leg in something? fencing etc. I would also start him on some liquid B complex {TSC} 1 ml a day until he is up walking normally it will say injectable but we use it orally You can put it over a small amount of feed or a treat. This will help support while he is healing.

Last edited:
That’s too bad . Can you keep him where he’ll be limited to walking much if he tried in other words give him some time to heal. Get the liquid B Complex and start him on that and water therapy to keep his muscle from getting weaker. If he’s pulled his leg out of its socket only a vet can take care of that. But give him a few days with rest and then post back.

Back
Top Bottom