Help! 3w chick crop not emptying

Apr 13, 2020
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
i have a 3 week old silkie chick whose crop is not emptying (full in the morning)
feels squishy, not sour crop tho. i've treated it like sour crop for a week now. at first she was vomiting but after 2 days of treatment she was fine, except crop still large, full, and squishy. She's active and not at all lethargic. does not poop often, when she does it's very small. crop size is a bit smaller than a golf ball.

any ideas for treatment?

i have a 3 week old silkie chick whose crop is not emptying (full in the morning)
feels squishy, not sour crop tho. i've treated it like sour crop for a week now. at first she was vomiting but after 2 days of treatment she was fine, except crop still large, full, and squishy. She's active and not at all lethargic. does not poop often, when she does it's very small. crop size is a bit smaller than a golf ball.

any ideas for treatment?

Get some fennel tea (Aniseed) or Sweet Fennel Oil 1 Drop in cup of water it helps things moving and crop emptying

Hi I'm dealing with a 5wk old silkie doing the same. How did this turn out for you? What worked?

Give her water in the morning to flush what is left out. Often chicks eat a lot at night and forget to drink water and get impacted.

If over time it continues, may need to consider anti cocci medicine. What type of feed is it? Medicated pellets for babies is best.

Back
Top Bottom