What's the temperature in the brooder?

This is odd.
I don’t have a thermometer in the brooder at all times, and gauged temperature off of their “body language” per say, they were never huddled together or sitting away from the light gasping. A few days ago I did take the lamp away for a few minutes while cleaning and they all huddled together at that time. But that’s it as far as behavior I’ve noticed in regards to temperature

You need to treat them with a sulfa antibiotic along with Corid. Time is of the essence so call around to vets and pet stores to find this med. https://www.jedds.com/shop/trimethoprinsulfa-100-g-medpet/ Ordering it from this place requires no prescription, but you should be able to get this from your vet.
Is water the only way to give them this med? I’m just concerned because as of right now they are not making any attempt to drink

Any chance they could have been overdosed on Corrid? It sounds like something acute. Is the food you're using fresh, what brand? Are you giving a Probiotic? What snacks have you given them?
I am giving the liquid Corid as that is all my TSC had. Giving 9.6ml’s in a gallon. The electrolytes I am using are Mana Pro, and I am giving half the normal serving per gallon to try and not give them too much. No probiotic. I am using “Rooster Booster” Poultry Booster which is a vitamin/mineral supplement that stated it was good for all ages of poultry as a supplement. No snacks, the only food they’ve ever had is Nature’s Best Organic Chick Starter/Grower

I am giving the liquid Corid as that is all my TSC had. Giving 9.6ml’s in a gallon. The electrolytes I am using are Mana Pro, and I am giving half the normal serving per gallon to try and not give them too much. No probiotic. I am using “Rooster Booster” Poultry Booster which is a vitamin/mineral supplement that stated it was good for all ages of poultry as a supplement. No snacks, the only food they’ve ever had is Nature’s Best Organic Chick Starter/Grower
You only treat with Corid, no electrolytes and no vitamin supplements during treatment.

You can not dose Corid and vitamins at the same time.
Even if given separate ways? The vitamins were with their crumble, the Corid in the water. I thought I had read somewhere that giving vitamins, especially A & K were good to give with Corid as long as they were not given in the same water

No, you still aren't supposed to. It makes the Corid not work.
That’s horrible news 😭
Do these deaths sounds like Coccidiosis though? The 2 that initially died have been 4 days ago, and the others have showed no symptoms except some lethargy and all suddenly became violently ill and are dying left and right. No “later” signs, like bloody stool, etc

Back
Top Bottom