HELP ? about Marek's vaccine

cockadoodlemom

Crowing
17 Years
Feb 25, 2007
Texas
I have 1 roo and 3 hens that are 2 yrs old and I heard somewhere on here that if you get chicks you order vaccinated they will give it to chickens you already have. Is this so? I order chicks from MM and got them vaccinated for both Mareks and the other and they are supposed to be here the week of 3/26(next week). My roo and hens have never been vacinated and are as healthy as can be. Does anyone know about this or where I can get more information.

Hello, you may have read that in this post...Look at what allen wranch said..[url https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1261[/URL]
I'm guilty
sad.png
I'm no expert,but try to help out folks when I can...
smile.png
maybe you can call MM & ask them about it & if you change you mind about getting the vaccine I'm sure they won't mind.
So sorry about the mix up......

sad.png
Miriam

Bayouchica, dont feel guilty you were just trying to help and I so appreciate all the help on here. Thanks for the reply and help
Teresa:jumpy

I ordered mine this morning and had them vaccinated....the two we have I have no clue if they were vaccinated when they were chicks......

I'm still confused on when and how I should introduce the youngsters to the two older hens and if there is a concern about the disease......

Hi there, I had 6 big girls when I got my chicks from Mcmurray. I had the babies vac. for both diseases, only because I was introducing them into a coop with grown chicks in it. I never had a problem and none of my chickens has been sick with anything!
tongue.png

Thanks so much pegbo you just took a lot of weight off my shoulders!
barnie.gif
I was so worried about my roo and girls. Again thanks alot for the help and I too am wondering how to introduce babies when they are old enough. Can you help us with that one?
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom