Help!!! about two week old silky chick found in mud (pics)

I agrree with the others keep it inside for a couple days untill its stronger,its chirping bicasue its cold from being wet.You could also try poly vi sol baby vit. without the iron in its water for a few days.When it recovers its stength take it after dark and slip it under her and she will take it back

A newborn chick will not have Cocci. It would be a couple weeks old before the exposure sickens them. I've never had a chick die of Cocci, and don't use medicated food either. I make sure the broody hen takes them out early to get exposure. Not Cocci...just a weak chick. Just keep it warm and see if he pulls through.
hugs.gif

I did bring in a sibling. They are resting comfortably now.

98119_today_4.jpg

98119_today_3.jpg

The lighter one is the one that was covered in mud earlier. Its breathing is a little strange so I am keeping a close watch on it. If it seems to be getting worse I will put some duramyacin in the water.
love.gif
Thanks for all the help and support for my little baby
love.gif

Mollie

AlexisB. (I <3 Silkies) :

use vet rx on her nose!!!
she is a partridge!
hit.gif

What do you mean by, or what are these?​

I have tried the Q-tip thank you for the suggestion.

I had no idea obviously that Partridge was in refference to it's color. Thank you for teaching me something new! That is one of the many reasons that I love this site and the people on it!

Now what about the Vet Rx? What is that in refference to? Please...

Back
Top Bottom