HELP!!!!...again!! Sage is now limping!!!

@azygous @Wyorp Rock @Eggcessive
Op, when you say she wont move, what exactly do you mean?
Can she move her leg at all? Will she stand or walk if you mess with her? Or by, "she wont move" do you mean that the limp is getting worse and she prefers to sit?
Sorry for all the questions, but a bit more info may help us figure out whats going on. :)

Frist, I would suggest putting her in a chicken sling. That will help her get some weight off her leg, but feel free to take her out for a good amount of time every day so she can preen.
How is her appetite? Will she eat and drink alright?
You said you put something on from TSC, do you have a picture of that?
I hope we can help find the issue. Sorry about your hen. :hugs

B9B18BFB-EC74-4F36-9D55-99F23D5881B2.jpeg
B474A942-D14B-486B-BD02-BD89CBF76B57.jpeg
I took a cardboard box and cut some leg holes toward the front, and a poop hole just behind the leg holes. I installed oatmeal carton wheels on it, but you can glue wooden legs on it instead. I padded the front opening so it wouldn't wear her breast feathers down or irritate her skin.

This chicken wouldn't stay in the chair at first, but as her paralysis progressed, she came to appreciate being able to be propped up to eat and drink in a more efficient position than trying to do it from a prone position on the ground. It also keeps her up out of her poop instead of lying in it.

View attachment 2623725View attachment 2623726I took a cardboard box and cut some leg holes toward the front, and a poop hole just behind the leg holes. I installed oatmeal carton wheels on it, but you can glue wooden legs on it instead. I padded the front opening so it wouldn't wear her breast feathers down or irritate her skin.

This chicken wouldn't stay in the chair at first, but as her paralysis progressed, she came to appreciate being able to be propped up to eat and drink in a more efficient position than trying to do it from a prone position on the ground. It also keeps her up out of her poop instead of lying in it.
Thank you for your help she died in my arms last night

Can she move her leg at all? Will she stand or walk if you mess with her? Or by, "she wont move" do you mean that the limp is getting worse and she prefers to sit?
Sorry for all the questions, but a bit more info may help us figure out whats going on. :)

Frist, I would suggest putting her in a chicken sling. That will help her get some weight off her leg, but feel free to take her out for a good amount of time every day so she can preen.
Thank you so much for your help she died in my arms last night

She was just hated it if I moved her, yes it was getting worse, and I got some food and water into her but she didn't really want to we think it was probably infected

View attachment 2623725View attachment 2623726I took a cardboard box and cut some leg holes toward the front, and a poop hole just behind the leg holes. I installed oatmeal carton wheels on it, but you can glue wooden legs on it instead. I padded the front opening so it wouldn't wear her breast feathers down or irritate her skin.

Thank you this is so helpful so if i a have a another problem like this i know what to do

Back
Top Bottom