Help-aggressive peacock

Teenadie

Chirping
Apr 26, 2018
Zionsville, PA
Hi. Last summer, we had a pair of peacocks arrive at our house out of nowhere. They are beautiful but the male has become very aggressive-attacking my husband multiple times. I read to carry a stick, never turn your back on them, rush toward him, etc. When you are outside working in the yard and garden all day it’s kind of hard to always have to be on the lookout for the guy.

I have also read on starshine.com that an aggressive peacock must be killed because it will not stop. Any suggestions? I would give them away, but I don’t want anyone hurt. We have 8 children living next door, and now with nicer weather I don’t want to have them hurt. Thanks for your help.

It’s breeding season, the males are very hormonal at this time of the year, he’s protecting his territory, the female could be starting to nest

How do you prevent imprinting? They watch me bring them food and water and come running up every time they see me looking for food.

How do you prevent imprinting? They watch me bring them food and water and come running up every time they see me looking for food.
You don't raise them up in close contact with humans unless they're in a group. Most of the aggressive birds I've seen were raised by humans alone so they think we're peacocks and treat us as such.

Back
Top Bottom