HELP !! ALL OF A SUDDEN ROOSTER SEEMS to be Sick

Sorry to hear he is still not doing well. Look over his entire body carefully for puncture wounds, during the scuffle with the younger rooster, he may have gotten tagged by the other roosters spurs. Puncture wounds get infected fast and can kill the bird.

Don't pull the feathers backwards, you can blow the back and gently lift them. Do a thorough check of his entire body.
I'm under the weather upset tummy & down with fever.. Hopefully Tomorrow i'll check him thoroughly be wearing a mask to not make him sick if I can't then will have to ask my parents for help.

Thank You so much for keeping in touch. I appreciate it alot and will keep u guys updated.

Definitely good if he can stand by himself.

If you have given him a thorough examination to make sure nothing is broken, he has no injuries or puncture wounds, I would say keep him inside and warm until he can walk around, eat, drink and act normal, maybe another hour or so. He may have stunned himself somehow by falling or flying into something. Watch to make sure he completely heals and then return him back outside.

Keep us posted if he gets worse.
I'm back.. Now he(orangey) is ACTIVE & ALL BETTER.
Whereas the younger white rooster seems to have weakened, wobbling while his head is going down can not seem to hold his head high up nor is able to keep standing own his own for more than a minute. No lice or mites were found.

While i was sick in bed my parents were taking care of them. They had kept the younger white one in the cage for 2 days straight and the other one who i mentioned in this post was out of the cage once he seemed to be pretty active. I was feeling better so i checked and asked my parents about the younger rooster(pepper) they didn't give drops of kids panadol nor antibiotics in those 2 days to him nor took him out of the cage in fear that the rooster will start attacking the younger one again as he previously did.

I took him out of the cage 2mins ago he seems to moving(trying to move)
IMG_20210105_155554.jpg

IMG_20210105_155348.jpg
IMG_20210105_155525.jpg

Last edited:
I would work on getting him hydrated.
How big is the cage he was in?
The cage is more on the wider side and is slighter bigger than his height. Now he's leaning towards one side and isn't able to stand at all without any help. Am not keeping him in the cage anymore his whole body keeps falling down and isn't able to keep head held up.

Already gave bit of water and food as well.. I am scared WHAT DO I DO NOW ?

Panadol is toxic to chickens and birds. Do not use it. It is acetominophen (Tylenol.) I am not sure that you saw my earlier post.
When I had gotten sick unable to look after them that is what I told my parents & luckily they had not given the kids panadol to the rooster. We have the poultry antibiotics ( powder) and multivit which could be givn .

For now fed him (is alert while eating and drinking) wings side + thighs seem affected, gav drops of the vitamins & he has been tryn to stand on his own but is still weak. He can walk a bit but mostly is squatted down and unable to get his body even head held up. In the end had to help him stand that's when I could barely feel any weight.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom