HELP! Am I overreacting??? I do NOT want to cull my favorite chicka!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Scarlet_Cowgirl, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Scarlet_Cowgirl

Scarlet_Cowgirl Out Of The Brooder

Jul 8, 2011
    I bought 5 Orps last Saturday, 1 black, 1 supposed lav (how can I tell if she is a true lav??), 2 splash and one blue. My blue pullet is about 10-12 weeks. She is thin and was having frothy doppings, and was sleeping a little more than the others. I ran a combined fecal sample and she/they have 3+ coccidia. I started Albon in their drinking water last night, (actually am using Pedialyte as their drinking water) and this pm I noticed that she is having a bit of clear discharge from her left nostril and her beak/nostrils smell funny..like an infection. What are the chances that this is something cureable and not catastrophic??? Everything tht I am reading here says cull cull cull...she is only 12 weeks, has been with my others since day one and...well, she is my favorite! Her name is Viola Marie.....Can she have these symptoms without them being a disease or something nasty? Could is just BE a garden variety resp infection brought on by the stress and move????? Ugh... I love her so much already and not sure what to do. They are still (thankfully!) quarantined from the rest of my chickas. She is eating/drinking, haven't caught her sleeping since Tuesday am...they are all sneezing after drinking just a little (I hear 2-3 sneezes in a 20-30 min time frame!) but everyone is doing well otherwise..... and my Viloa Marie is a piggy! Just gave them all bananna, yogurt, Culturelle and baby cereal and they seem to like it [​IMG] HELP! Ahhhh!

2. chkn

chkn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by