Help! Americauna is losing feathers!

Little Hen UT

Chirping
Aug 16, 2018
Hello everybody,
Recently I discovered that my Americauna pullet has an area near her tail where there are no feathers. Here are some pictures:
20180818_200045.jpg
20180818_200017.jpg

Please comment with what you think the problem is, and how to fix it.

Thank you so much!

Attachments

• 20180818_200013.jpg
    20180818_200013.jpg
    340.4 KB · Views: 5
Hello everybody,
Recently I discovered that my Americauna pullet has an area near her tail where there are no feathers. Here are some pictures: View attachment 1509242 View attachment 1509241

Please comment with what you think the problem is, and how to fix it.

Thank you so much!
Hi, I am new to byc but wandering --Could your chicken be molting? If so I read that:The best thing you can do to help your chickensthrough molt is to feed a high quality, high protein layer feed.

No not rooster wear and tear for sure. Funny I just came from a thread just like this.
She noticed as she watched that one of her hens was pulling out the feathers. It boggled her for a moment because they are best of friends. Seems the younger one in order to get her attention would tug at her harder than she should of. A apron or saddle was her solution for feather regrowth
Another thing you could look at is that she might be scooting under something (fencing) and rubbing them off that way. Check her for parasites too just in case.

Back
Top Bottom