HELP ASAP!!! PLEASE!! SHRINK WRAPPED AND NOT READY TO HATCH!

People can say shrink wrapped but that can mean anything, I know sometimes chicks are quitters but they are surrounded by wrapper, but that may not mean shrink wrapped it could be too much water in in incubator, depending on how much liquid in incubator. People tend to concentrate on the eggs that did not hatch. and let me tell you the ones that did are healthy and the ones you want. sounds like you had a good hatch to me.
thumbsup.gif

Uh forgot to mention "they haven't hatched yet" they are the ones that pipped and are peeping but are not ready and might be shrink wrapped. Anyway, thanks for the advice:) I'm leaving them alone! Thanks again!!

my last hatch 3 were 3 days late.

Gorgeous little things!!! 1 of the "shrink wrapped" ones i helped hatch. It wasn't fully ready. There was a bit of yolk and stuff attached to its stomach. More than what it should be. It was so heavy it fell off. A little nub is left. Its under a light sleeping. I touched it a bit and, it peeped and opened its eyes. I think its fine. Ill keep u posted. I still can't get over how cut your last hatch was!

Gorgeous little things!!! 1 of the "shrink wrapped" ones i helped hatch. It wasn't fully ready. There was a bit of yolk and stuff attached to its stomach. More than what it should be. It was so heavy it fell off. A little nub is left. Its under a light sleeping. I touched it a bit and, it peeped and opened its eyes. I think its fine. Ill keep u posted. I still can't get over how cut your last hatch was!

Also, is ur incubator homemade?

What is the humidity? In the still air incubators often if the membrane is detached from the shell it means the humidity is not high enough.

What is the humidity? In the still air incubators often if the membrane is detached from the shell it means the humidity is not high enough.

This is a circulated air incubator. The humidity is around 80% "thats what it says on the build in hygrometer". I don't know if its the wrong humidity but ill see what the hatch rate is. Also, another chick pipped! Im leaving it alone of course but thats exciting:)

Ok, so I built up the humidity. It is now just right:) So far i've hatched 4 silkies and i've got 4 more pips!! Yay! Im so excited
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom