HELP ASAP!!

if she isn't any better tomorrow that is my plan. I woke up Saturday morning with intentions on doing just that but of course they were closed because of the holiday. she is out in the yard pecking and scratching around right now. I put some apple cider vin. in her water.

Some one told me it could be the capillary worms......does it sound like that to any of you? if it is sour crop then why am I not smelling the bad smell everyone is talking about? I still think its the sour crop because of the liquidy squishy crop. what do yall think?

From: http://extension.unh.edu/resources/files/resource000811_rep844.pdf
Capillaria: Capillary or Thread Worms
There are several species of capillaria in poultry; they affect different parts of the bird and cause a variety of symptoms. Species that occur in the crop and esophagus cause thickening and inflammation of the mucus membranes. Turkeys and game birds may suffer severe losses due to these parasites. Other species of capillaria are prevalent in the lower intestinal tract and cause inflammation, hemorrhage and erosion of the intestinal lining. Severe infestation can lead to death.
Some species of thread worms have a direct life cycle and some an indirect lifecycle. Control of threadworms that have an intermediate host can be achieved by the control of the alternate host.
Capillaria are a common problem of deep litter houses; heavy infestations result in reduced growth, reduced egg production and reduced fertility. If present in large numbers thread worms can be seen during necropsy; eggs are difficult to find in bird droppings as they are very small.
Leviamisole and fenbendazole are effective, though both require a vet’s prescription for use in poultry.

From: http://msucares.com/poultry/diseases/solutions.html
Fenbendazole has been shown to be a very effective treatment for eliminating Capillaria (capillary worms), Heterakis (cecal worms), Ascaridia (roundworms), and Syngamus spp. (gapeworms). Toxicity from overdosing with fenbendazole is very remote. Research indicates that amounts up to 100 times the recommended dosages have been given under research conditions without adverse effects to the birds. Use of this product during molt, however, may cause deformity of the emerging feathers.

Back
Top Bottom