HELP! Assisted Duck Egg Over 24 Hours Ago - Duckling Alive!!!

crunstle

Hatching
May 24, 2024
Hello! First time duck eggs hatcher.

I had to assist a duck egg to hatch over 24 hours ago and the duckling is still alive, covered by at least 55% of the egg (yolk intact inside the egg) but the duckling is exposed to the incubator heat and humidity (100 degrees at 75% humidity).

I put the egg in a cup face up. See video. The duckling is still breathing. Is there anything else I need to do? Please help!
IMG_2867.jpeg

Hello! First time duck eggs hatcher.

I had to assist a duck egg to hatch over 24 hours ago and the duckling is still alive, covered by at least 55% of the egg (yolk intact inside the egg) but the duckling is exposed to the incubator heat and humidity (100 degrees at 75% humidity).

I put the egg in a cup face up. See video. The duckling is still breathing. Is there anything else I need to do? Please help!
IMG_2867.jpeg
How's your duckling doing?

Hi! I've never done an assisted hatch, but you might want to watch this video. One option is to wait and see if it comes out on it's own.
One is likely to kill a chick or duckling if they assist that way. This article by @Pyxis is much safer.
Guide to Assisted Hatching for All Poultry

Preface If you need immediate instructions on how to assist a hatch, you may skip this section and go to the next one, where the instructions are. To start with, I want to address the fact that some people think assisting during a hatch is wrong. I respect the decision to not help during a...

One is likely to kill a chick or duckling if they assist that way. This article by @Pyxis is much safer.

Preface If you need immediate instructions on how to assist a hatch, you may skip this section and go to the next one, where the instructions are. To start with, I want to address the fact that some people think assisting during a hatch is wrong. I respect the decision to not help during a...
Okay. Yes, I was gonna say, "don't quote me I'm probably wrong" LOL 😆

Back
Top Bottom