Help! Assisted Hatching turned to yolk disaster!

No , the poor baby didn't make it. I had two others hatch today though

So sorry about the other baby, but so glad to see that you have two healthy ones right now!! They are darling!
Is the dark one a silver laced wyondotte?
Again, soo happy for you. Have fun with your new chicks. Thank you so much for posting these little ones.
smile.png

I honestly have no clue, I got these chicken eggs from my chicken coop and the only black hen i have is a Norfolk Grey... I think that's what it's called. They are so cute and adorable and full of energy. One question I do have though, can I give them strawberry yolplait yogurt? I give my older chickes it and they love it, I just wanted to give them something beside their medicated chick feed because the pellets are a little too big for there tiny beaks.... I also heard I can just mix water with the feed?

I try hard to get the chick feed that isn't a real large piece. I have actually had to put a bit of water in just a small amount of the food, not in a big batch of it. That goes yucky real soon. :/ So, if they aren't eating too well, just wet a little and put some in their food dish/bowl a few times a day, or however often you need to refill..once they start eating, they don't stop..lol. I would think that they could swallow a nice piece of chick food by day 5.

Actually the best thing for chickens is the plain. My chickens love love it. You only need to give it to them once in a while. Not too often, they can get diarrhea from it. A time that is really good for them is if you had to medicate them for some reason. Anti-bio-tics take away the good biotic, so, the yogurt. :) I do the same for myself if I am on an Anti-biotic. Had a pharmacist tell me that as soon as he knew his little one was going to be on one, he would get a pro biotic for him.
Baby chicks don't need the yogurt.

Now, for me to go look up the Norfolk Grey! :)

Oh my goodness! They are beautiful! Why did I look? Why? lol...now, I will be looking for those eggs to hatch. Love their sweet faces. That black black body with that grey. Love it!

Back
Top Bottom