HELP!!! autopsied a presumed dead duck embryo on day 31 and he is alive!!

I wanted to update everyone who so kindly answered my questions and rooted for us: maverick didn't make it. i'm a bit upset that i kept him suffering but i really wanted him to have a chance.
but we do have a healthy and insatiable flock of 5 day old ducklings that are a pleasure to watch! i can't wait for the weather to warm up and bring them out to the orchard!

again thanks to all of you, your responses meant a lot really helped us calm down and to stop googling worst case scenarios ♥️
I am so sorry he/she passed. I get attached the the little ones so easily. I find painting a rock for my passed birds helps me.

I wanted to update everyone who so kindly answered my questions and rooted for us: maverick didn't make it. i'm a bit upset that i kept him suffering but i really wanted him to have a chance.
but we do have a healthy and insatiable flock of 5 day old ducklings that are a pleasure to watch! i can't wait for the weather to warm up and bring them out to the orchard!

again thanks to all of you, your responses meant a lot really helped us calm down and to stop googling worst case scenarios ♥️
Don't feel bad! You gave him a fighting chance!

I'm so sorry for your loss. :hugs

So sorry. I had this happen to a duckling that I had to help hatch. It was doing great for a couple of weeks and I thought it was going to be okay but went down hill. It's amazing how quickly you get attached. The rock idea is great.❤️

he won't eat. there is almost no yolk left, but his navel is really large.

it has already been so long (the others hatched on Wednesday and Thursday) and he hasn't gotten worse... I think he can make it.
Please let us know how he's doing.
I have a mixed hatch with a few duck and I may be in a similar situation.
I've had a few chicks pass under one of my hens, cracked shells and not fully formed. I buried the poor babies and hope there's no more but I have quite a bit of eggs left and am at day 25 I think

I hope he makes it!

Please let us know how he's doing.
I have a mixed hatch with a few duck and I may be in a similar situation.
I've had a few chicks pass under one of my hens, cracked shells and not fully formed. I buried the poor babies and hope there's no more but I have quite a bit of eggs left and am at day 25 I think
The OP already stated the duckling passed.

Back
Top Bottom