Help Baby Chick Dying!

y3553n19

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 27, 2013
Dallas, TX
So yesterday my cousin brought three baby chicks that he had bought two days ago. When they arrived they all seemed fine. I noticed one chick less active hen the rest. Today i woke up and that same chick is just laying on the ground. He is still breathing but seems very weak, is there anything I can do to help it?

So yesterday my cousin brought three baby chicks that he had bought two days ago. When they arrived they all seemed fine. I noticed one chick less active hen the rest. Today i woke up and that same chick is just laying on the ground. He is still breathing but seems very weak, is there anything I can do to help it?
It may be travel stress which is killing your chick. That said, it needs energy to combat it. The products below are designed to do just that. They don't need to be digested and rush nutrition directly into the bloodstream. Top quality. I have used them on my collies and poultry for over a decade.

That said, it sounds like whatever is affecting your chick is compromising its ability to digest the feed. Here's one thing to do. You need an emergency nutritional supplement to get nutrition for energy to this chick. Measureable in the bloodstream in 30 minutes with 99% utilization. You can use either Bovidr Labs Pet Nutri-Drench or Goat Nutri-Drench. Just use the poultry admin and usage instructions whichever you choose. I raised my chicks last season using the Goat Formula with the Poultry instructions with great success. No sick or dead chicks from the 42 hatched. Tho the Bovidr Labs formulas are species -specific, they also meet the scientific standards for a universal formula. I found this out from a conversation with their science tech. Call Bovidr and ask for the dosage for your age chick. Here's their website: http://www.nutridrench.com They are very helpful. After dosing the individual chick, put it in their water for 2 weeks. Bovidr will give you the doses. I use 2ml per gallon for maintenance or 4 ml per gallon for stress situations. Tractor Supply has the lowest prices. Also pick up a 3ml syringe, safely dispose of the needle, and use it to measure out the dose for the waterers. Do not use it to dose the individual chicks. One idea for individual chicks is to use a straw with a bit drawn up inside to dose the chicks. A different straw for each chick each time. Just cut the straws to small lengths so one box should do for the flock. Where I live in western PA, Tractor Supply sells the small bottle of Poultry formula for 6.99 and the Goat formula for about 9.99 . These formulas are very concentrated. The small bottle of Poultry should be enough for your needs. It's "Chick Days" over there ,so they should have it in stock.
Best Success,
Karen
Here is more on the travel stress problem which kills chicks each season. Read all three posts.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/746509/how-to-deal-with-travel-stress-in-baby-chicks
Nutri-Drench and the Immune System :
http://www.nutridrench.com/immune-system.html

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom