HELP- baby chick in trouble

chickdoc21

Hatching
7 Years
May 21, 2012
yesterday was the hatching day of my baby chicks. I had 26 out of 28 hatch yesterday afternoon, i assumed they were done this morning. but i heard peeping from a shell that was cracked that i thought was dead so i left the incubator for 10- 15 mins and came back, he was still in there. he was almost out so i took the shell apart for him he managed to get out. he cannot walk very well he limps, severely. he also didnt drink or eat when the others were already starting to. i sectioned off an area for him to be by himself. he is not to close to the light or to far. im worried he is very weak. i would hate for this little guy to die. I will consider any suggestions, i managed to give him a capful of a water bottle of water. Help!!

I fear I have done the wrong thing. Our hen laid about 10 eggs and when hatching time came she wound up with only 4. She was not longer sitting on the eggs. After several days I decided to crack one open because I thought I could hear peeping. Well sure enough the chick was alive and we just happened to have another hen on the nest so I stuck that wet little thing up under her and the other eggs too. I think I shouldn't have done that but the thought of losing those babies just breaks my heart. Well that one has survived but is of course behind the rest. We have put it in a box on his own in hopes he'll have a chance. Should I break open the rest?? or just leave it alone. Ahhhhhhhhh, I'd have never made a farmer!!!! Any advice is welcome!!

Back
Top Bottom