Help Baby Chick Problem!

I decided to give him back to the mom and she was gentle. It's be a few hours.
Something doesn't look right though. It's been a few hours and he is really weak.
20200927_170341.jpg

I decided to give him back to the mom and she was gentle. It's be a few hours.
Something doesn't look right though. It's been a few hours and he is really weak.
View attachment 2350776
Aw, poor guy. Do you have an incubator he could be in for a while? I would keep him inside, if nothing else under the lamp with a thermometer. She might crush him if he's not responsive enough to move away. Hopefully he makes it. Be prepared he might not though.

Aw, poor guy. Do you have an incubator he could be in for a while? I would keep him inside, if nothing else under the lamp with a thermometer. She might crush him if he's not responsive enough to move away. Hopefully he makes it. Be prepared he might not though.
I have nothing saddly. I smelt burning from the heat lamp and had to trash it and I got no incubator.

Your not gonna believe this.
So I threw out the bloody eeggshell into the woods. I was cocky this year because I haven't seen a single predator. The blood attracted two raccoons. :barnie
I saw only one at first and ran out with a metal rod. I though that it was a cat... It was not. The two flattened their ears and skitterred out of the coop. Thank god they weren't rabbid. The coop door will be locked until the chick reaches a certain age now. When I dunno.

Back
Top Bottom