Help Baby Chick Problem!

Ok! That makes sense. The roo looks English. Broodies are the best. They sound like perfect Orps! I'm going for BBS Orps. I love anything Blue, lol. Still have to convince the parents too, but if Bella goes broody again it should be much easier.
Yesss!
Let me know if you get any.
It's pretty hard to get any interesting breeds here.

Ok! I found someone on here who might sell me hatching eggs in the spring. Their birds are gorgeous.
What all breeds do you have there?
Great! Hope you can get some.
Idk, I've only seen very low quality SLW, BO, some LS and a few others.
I bought a cross-breed from some random place. I don't know what breeds are in her.
She laid thin shelled eggs for about a year before packing it in & hasn't laid since. Very timid bird. Lovely though.

Majority of people have ISA Browns around here, and most people I know with chickens don't know how to look after them properly.

Oh, and I've seen one Leghorn and a Barred Rock.

Great! Hope you can get some.
Idk, I've only seen very low quality SLW, BO, some LS and a few others.
I bought a cross-breed from some random place. I don't know what breeds are in her.
She laid thin shelled eggs for about a year before packing it in & hasn't laid since. Very timid bird. Lovely though.

Majority of people have ISA Browns around here, and most people I know with chickens don't know how to look after them properly.

Oh, and I've seen one Leghorn and a Barred Rock.
Thanks, me too.
Wow, that's so weird. I thought you guys would have some of the cool rare breeds there. That's too bad. Do you have any pics of your mix? I have more mixes than purebreds I think. They're so fun though with their random colors.

Thanks, me too.
Wow, that's so weird. I thought you guys would have some of the cool rare breeds there. That's too bad. Do you have any pics of your mix? I have more mixes than purebreds I think. They're so fun though with their random colors.
I don't have many pictures of her. I'll try snap one today.
Her name is Pepper.
She's 4 years old now, and very small.
That doesn't bother her though - she's still second highest in the pecking order.
Her hatch-mate was a LS. She hatched ALL of my current chicken population except for herself and Pepper. Escapes constantly.

Sorry @DogAndCat36... Once started, I don't stop talking.

Got the video finnaly.
Oh honey! He is pretty darn strong to have gone through all that loss. She might have yanked his umbilicus too much and cause hernial pooling. Just be sure that he doesn’t develop an infection from it. Please please watch him closely in the next few days for signs of an infection. You know how other new animal babies can get infections early from umbilical cords not getting clear of the filth from the ground in time. If she yanked his with a dirty beak it could cause the same. She will learn hopefully. God will teach. He looks strong and sounds strong. You can give him a little Kayro syrup also if you have it or corn syrup of any kind like you use in baking. You can also make him a soggy peanut butter mash with his food or boiled egg mash and that will get his blood sugar up quicker and get his protein up quicker and keep his blood s proteins up quick for a good while. Won’t hurt him one bit. It has worked for many an infant baby or fowl or animal. Kayro syrup is wonderful stuff. Good luck and he is a handsome little one and you did good putting him back with Mom. Sometimes your gut judgement - your first judgement is the best one. Sometimes nature knows best. Best of luck to you both.

I don't have many pictures of her. I'll try snap one today.
Her name is Pepper.
She's 4 years old now, and very small.
That doesn't bother her though - she's still second highest in the pecking order.
Her hatch-mate was a LS. She hatched ALL of my current chicken population except for herself and Pepper. Escapes constantly.

Sorry @DogAndCat36... Once started, I don't stop talking.
Don't worry. Talk away

Back
Top Bottom