HELP! baby ducking popping out of egg but he still has yolk!

xIndigoSkyx

Songster
9 Years
Dec 4, 2010
St.Albert, Alberta
Well this sucks! My first egg and it's this complicated! Well he was piping this morning and I just took a look and went back to t be, but now he is almost fully out exsept for this weird books vessel membrane and you can see him inside moving and peeping, but you can also see a little yellow glob at the top witch I assume is the yolk but I don't know what to do!!!! He did this all by himself and it's freaking me out! What will happen if he still has yolk and gets out, will he die? Will it break and make him really weak? I didn't touch a thing and I'm wondering if I should? Side note the humidity sucks ass so I have to spray him so the membrane won't trap him but it sure seems like he don't need help there
hmm.png
I'll send a link of a picture for me help. Just please somebody help me!? He had 3 siblings and they all died before they could hatch, I don't want him to die to.
sad.png

OK, calm down=nothing is wrong-he just hasn't finished absorbing the yolk sac yet.
Put him on a washcloth or paper towel in the incubator so he doesn't stick to the wire and he should absorb the yolk sac by working his legs kicking out of the shell.

Thank you thank you thank you!!!! My god thought he was gonna die! Ok I will and I did the gettoh approach to incantors so it's kind of a cardboard box with a lamp and water jars in it and e just sits on shavings.... He has like half the shell missing but he still cant get out I don't wanna touch him but he's kicking like a mad man.

If his lower half is still in the shell, it's exactly how it should be. He will work that shell off by kicking his legs-therefore absorbing the yolk.
I personally would take him off of the shavings for the first week or so, ducklings are notorious for trying to eat shavings.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom