Help - 'bator issues

ArabiansR2Cool

Songster
12 Years
Feb 8, 2007
In front of my computer
I went to plug in my 2nd LG incubator, and it's not working. I had a feeling there may have been some damage to it based on where it was stored.

(The week before Christmas we had an ice storm, and my power was out for a week. I left the faucets on at a slow trickle so the pipes wouldn't freeze. Well, the drain of the upstairs shower froze and caused the water to over flow. The incubator was stored on the shelves in the basement directly under where the water leaked down, and the box was soaked.)

Anyways, I'm not sure which part would need to be replaced. It doesn't heat up or anything when plugged in. I hate to throw it out if it's an easy and cheap fix. Any ideas, thoughts, or suggestions?

Thanks in advance
smile.png

It's hard to say what would be messed up on it. I know you can buy the whole thermostat system, but it would be about the same to just order another bator. Did you make sure it was dried out real good?

awh that sucks!!!! If like Shelley says it costs pretty much teh same just to buy a new one, you should just buy a new one and let that old one dry out more (if it hasnt) and maybe then you'll have THREE!!!!!
wee.gif

I got a like new 'bator real cheap once because a bad connection caused it to not heat up. If yours is the electronic thermostat model you might try unscrewing the thermostat. Then unscrew and retighten the wire nuts one at a time to make sure everything is making contact as it should. The wire nuts are the blue thingys in this pix. Counterclockwise to loosen, clockwise to tighten.

1660_lg_t-stat.jpg

If it has the plexiglas windows and you decide to trash it, would you pm. I have one that needs the windows. Been just puting glass on top of them, but it doesn't seal the air very well. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom