Help! Beauty the hen has a limp comb and trouble breathing.

Aug 11, 2022
I have a chicken who yesterday we found standing outside with a limp comb. The comb doesn’t look pale, but when I came back the next day (today) it was breathing really fast and I could hear little noises with the breathing. It didn’t leave the coop that it lives in and it was sitting in the lowest rafter. When I tried to pick it up, it started wheezing and having trouble breathing. I offered it food and water but it was uninterested. Her name is beauty, she’s about 2 and a half years old, and it’s had good health for most of its life. I thought that it might be a impaired crop, but they don’t tend to have access to long grass or anything like that very often. Does anyone know what it could be and what I should do? I will attach a picture as soon as I can.

Not great. We brought her inside and somebody said that they thought it could be a egg that’s stuck. She has a very destenses a demon and is weak and tired. We tried an epsom salt bath, a regular bath, we put some mineral oil in her cloaca. There is AC in the house so it’s not a heat thing. She’s really weak and tired.

Back
Top Bottom