HELP!! Broken egg inside & won’t come out!

Chickie Trio

Chirping
Jun 2, 2021
Please help, my most outgoing chicken had an egg break inside! It happened yesterday but that was not the apparent problem at first (I didn’t see anything there & had reason to believe it was sour crop based on some rotten fruit she had eaten.

This morning she had a slow start but then was fine & acting normal, pecking around & digging. She went back to docile a little while ago - just standing there & closing her eyes off & on and I just checked her again to find the broken egg.

I found part of the shell on the ground, pulled another part of the shell out of her with no problem. But there’s still a piece in there that’s very soft & flexible (maybe the membrane?) and stuck. I pulled gently but it’s obviously caught on or wrapped around something so I stopped. A watery poop with what looks like worms came out after I did that.

Please someone help I have no idea what to do & I’m really scared for her! Thank you!

Here’s a pic of the poop but she won’t let me get a shot of her vent.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    636.7 KB · Views: 27
That looks like a skinny poop, not worms. If you can see the part of the membrane in the vent, I would try to pull it out. Human calcium with vitamin D tablets 1 daily given orally for a few days can help with shells and muscle contraction/laying.

That looks like a skinny poop, not worms. If you can see the part of the membrane in the vent, I would try to pull it out. Human calcium with vitamin D tablets 1 daily given orally for a few days can help with shells and muscle contraction/laying.
Ok thank you! Do you mean a Tums for example for calcium? Or if vitamin form, what dosage do you recommend for those supplements?

Ok thank you! Do you mean a Tums for example for calcium? Or if vitamin form, what dosage do you recommend for those supplements?
& so is she not in trouble &/or in need of antibiotics? I don’t want to keep tugging at the membrane because I’m afraid of what it might pull out with it.

Back
Top Bottom