HELP! broody hen killed a chick! time sensitive!

That little coop and run is barely big enough for the hen and her chicks, and they will outgrow it. Those always overestimate how many chickens can live in them. I doubt if you can add other in there. Are your other hens full aized or bantam?
I have been raising chickens for over 8 years and am fully aware of how crappy those coops are. I bought it as an emergency coop long ago. She will get her own much much larger coop and run this weekend then I will slowly add the other bantams once the chicks can stand their own a little bit.
I have a small flock of bantams(7) and a large flock of layers (32).

It’s good that you know that the coop is too small and have 8 years experience. We never know how much experience people have that post here. Many people including some in my area keep full size chickens in those small coops and runs. As you know they need lots of room, especially when some have to be separated.

It’s good that you know that the coop is too small and have 8 years experience. We never know how much experience people have that post here. Many people including some in my area keep full size chickens in those small coops and runs. As you know they need lots of room, especially when some have to be separated.
So many other forums have an option to chose how long you’ve been doing said thing, I don’t know why this forum doesnt.
and yes so many people keep way to many chickens in these prefabs. But they are great for emergencies or when you need to separate a bird or two for a short period. this coop has been sitting out back unused for 3 years, I almost got rid of it, but glad ididnt!

Back
Top Bottom